Saturday, January 31, 2015

Making Words and More with Osmo!


 Hi guys! I wanted to show you a new, exciting, educational tool that I am now using in my classroom. It's called OSMO and turns an iPad into a hands-on learning tool that has my kids totally engaged! 

We really love the Words game and the best thing is that I was able to create pictures and sentences that would help my kids practice their very own spelling and vocabulary words. I have a list of the words they are to choose from. It is an amazing tool that uses cooperation and a little healthy competition to make learning fun!

When the picture pops up, each player (red letters or blue letters) tries to find the correct letters to make that word. For each correct letter, the player scores 2 points.  

Some words don't have a picture to go with it. That's okay. . . I just made a 'fill in the blank' sentence for the kids to us to help them figure out the word.





Making your own words is easy too. All I did to make words for my own kiddos was go to Osmo and set up an account.  I made the pics on my computer and then just loaded them onto the site.

Not only are there word games, but there is also a tangram game and a creative thinking game that is a great way to get kids thinking and working together. 


Have more questions? Check out the Osmo FAQ page for more details. 
I highly recommend you scoop up an Osmo if you can get your hands on one of these awesome gadgets! Your kids will love you for it!  


Thanks for stopping by. Talk to you later!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Osmo sounds interesting! I want to try using this tool in my own classroom.
    Thanks for sharing!

    Katie
    Teaching Voracious Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you give some more information about how you made the words albums (and made them cute)? I have tried, but keep getting a notification that my photos are too large or too many pixels or something like that. I would appreciate it!
    My email is amy.arnold@hck12.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Are you willing to share your "My Words" link that goes with the picture above! It looks awesome and I would love to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious how you set up and store your Osmo kits? I'm trying to figure out the best way which is easy to maintain for myself & my kids.
    Thanks for any advice you can give me!
    Karan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

My Blog List

Labels

Add to Google

Total Pageviews

Follow on Bloglovin